Banana Walnut Mini Cakes
This recipe is so simple and quick that you can easily make it in the morning for your breakfast without having a lot of patience. Add chocolate chips for an extra treat!
- 1 large peeled banana (125g)
- 125g wholemeal flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 ground cinnamon
- 1/4 ground nutmeg
- 60g brown sugar
- 40g butter, melted
- 60ml whole milk
- 1 egg
Toppings & fillings:
- 20g walnuts, chopped
- oats, desiccated coconut, brown sugar to sprinkle (optional)
- 40g dark chocolate chips (optional)
makes 8 mini cakes / muffins
- Mash the bananas either in your free standing mixer using a paddle attachment or in a bowl with a handheld mixer using a beater attachment.
- MIx all the dry ingredients, eg flour, baking powder, spices and sugar, together in one bowl and the liquid ones, sugar, melted butter, milk, in another. Then add both mixes´to the mashed banana alternating between dry and liquid with each addition.
- Once the cake mix is well combined, fold in the chopped walnuts (and chocolate chips if you like) by hand using a spatula.
- Either grease a silicone mould for mini cakes or line a cupcake tray with eight papaer cups. Fill in the cake mix. Sprinkle with oats and if you like with desiccated coconut and a little bit of brown sugar.
- Bake at 175°C (fan oven) for about 20-25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before taking the cakes out of the moulds and leave them to cool entirely on a cooling rack. However, if you can't or don't want to wait, have those cakes straight away!